Statement of Faith
Emmaus Baptist Church is an unaffiliated church that believes its primary mission is to reach the lost with the gospel and show the love of Christ to all. We believe that our body of believers should seek to be a light in our community, help the needy, and edify other believers by praying for and caring about eachother! Discipleship – following Christ – is our ultimate goal.
We believe that:
- The Bible is the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God and Man in One Person. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, and vicariously atoned for sin through His shed blood and death. He was bodily resurrected from the dead, He ascended to the right hand of God the Father, and He will personally return in power and glory.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man.
- Eternal life is received by faith—that is, trusting in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- The Holy Spirit indwells all true believers and enables them to live a Godly life.
- Both the saved and the lost will be resurrected from the dead—they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation
- The local church is the primary God-established base of operation for evangelistic activity in the world.
- Every true believer is commissioned of Christ to “preach the Gospel to every creature” and to “make disciples of all nations”.